YOUR VAGINAL HEALTH – THE POINT WHICH YOU ARE LEAST CONCERNED BUT MOST IMPORTANT FOR YOUR OVERALL HEALTH
Maintaining a healthy vagina inside and out is a good way to keep yourself healthy. You may not have thought about vaginal health as it may seem tricky, or even embarrassing, but it’s really important to pay proper attention to this part of your body.
Before you start taking steps towards your vaginal health, you must understand “What a Healthy Vagina is?”
The vagina has a variety of bacteria, yeasts and other micro-organisms, which occur naturally. Lactobacillus are good bacteria that keep other bacteria in check, and normally keep the vagina slightly acidic. The vagina has its natural system of maintaining the balance of good and bad bacteria and you do not need for external supplementation or application of Lactobacillus. When the balance is maintained, the vagina will usually have a mild, slightly pungent or earthy odour and there will be occasional small amounts of white discharge that may look yellow when it dries on underpants. Around the time of ovulation, usually about two weeks after the first day of your period, there is often a noticeable increase in discharge for a few days, and this discharge (comprised of cervical mucus) may be very stretchy and copious. If your discharge is associated with severe abdominal pain, pain with urination, or a fever, seek immediate medical care.
Sometimes, external factors cause an imbalance of the natural bacteria in your vagina that can lead to problems, such as vaginal infections. The three most common vaginal infections are vaginitis, bacterial vaginosis, and trichomoniasis. Some girls are more prone to these vaginal problems than others. You should be observant of signs of vaginal problems which can be as below:
- Vaginal Itching, Vaginal irritation or Vaginal soreness around the vaginal opening
- Burning sensation in Vagina;It burns when you urinate (ouch!)
- Increased or unusual vaginal discharge
- Swelling in the genital area
- Abnormal bleeding
- An unpleasant vaginal odour
Vaginal problems can be caused by hormones, health problems, pregnancy, or even STDs. Stress, illness and hormone changes can also upset the vaginal environment, but there are a whole bunch of things you can do to maintain vaginal health and prevent infections. If you are getting some of these symptoms it could be time to head to the doctor and adopt some simple precautionary steps to maintain proper vaginal health:
- Make sure your hands are washed before and after touching the genital area.
Always wipe front to back. To wipe your vaginal, use Everteen intimate hygiene wipes. Everteen intimate hygiene wipes can be used to wipe vagina after urination, after sex. Everteen intimate hygiene wipes are good to use during menstruation to keep your vagina clean.
- Maintain great hygiene – you don’t need to scrub and scrub to maintain a healthy vagina but you equally don’t want to go a week without a shower! Wash your vaginal daily with everteen natural intimate wash. Everteen Natural Intimate Wash is made of natural ingredients and it helps in maintaining vaginal pH balance. Everteen Natural Intimate Wash cleans your vaginal and keep it clean and fresh entire day. It will also reduce the vaginal odour.
- Do not use feminine hygiene sprays, douche, or deodorants, they contain chemicals
- Don’t use soap. Soaps or Shampoo contains chemicals which can disturb vaginal pH balance and cause vaginal infection.
- Don’t use other people’s towels.
- Use Everteen Vaginal tightening gel as it helps in revitalizing vaginal condition. Everteen vaginal tightening & revitalizing gel helps in restore the muscles of loose vagina.
- Maintain your health and fitness by exercising regularly.
- Make sure you eat right and limit the amount of junk food in your diet.
- For a healthy vagina, wear 100% cotton underwear. During menstruation, use cotton made sanitary pads. Everteen cotton sanitary pads are made of 100% cotton and prevents menstrual odor. Everteen cotton sanitary napkins are designed with 8 layers of serious protection to maximize absorbency, comfort & dryness during your menstrual days.
- For some extra air time, try sleeping without underwear.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing.
- Wear only loose-fitting boxers or no underwear at night.
- Change out of wet swimsuits or sweaty workout clothing as soon as possible.
- Change your sanitary pads and tampons regularly.
- Don’t use pads for everyday discharge; Use them only when you have your period. Use panty liners for vaginal discharge. Everteen Natural cotton daily panty liners gives you instant dry and soft feel. Everteen Natural cotton daily panty liners are ultrathin and extra absorbent for everyday freshness.
- Wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. Use Everteen Intimate Hygiene wipes to wipe your vagina.
- Wash or Wipe your vaginal area after sex. Use Everteen Intimate Hygiene wipes or Everteen Natural Intimate Wash to keep your vaginal area clean.
- Shower or bathe regularly, and encourage any sexual partners to do the same.
So if you do not think about your genitals aside from specific reproductive or sexual health concerns, this is the time when you should start thinking about it because the overall health of one’s vagina is important regardless of one’s level of sexual activity.
It’s good to encourage yourself to inculcate above tips in your daily routine as it will ensure your vaginal health and a great quality of life.
I hope this post helped you in some or the other way and you follow these tips to maintain the health of your vagina. 🙂